The Lyric Stage Company of Boston seeks applicants for the position of Production Manager. This is a full-time, 12-month position with benefits.
The Lyric Stage employs Boston-based theatre artists to create live experiences that provide emotional and intellectual engagement, and an essential gathering place for Greater Boston.
The Production Manager guides each of the seven main stage productions from initial concepts through the final performance. The ideal candidate will be motivated and self-starting with a solid basis across technical disciplines. Applicants should have a positive attitude and collaborative spirit. The position requires regular night and weekend hours during changeover, technical rehearsals, and special events.
- Maintenance of a safe working environment for all production and design staff
- In consultation with the artistic director, hiring and managing all design and production positions.
- Technical and budgetary oversight of designs.
- Collaboration with the artistic department on strategy and goal implementation
- Maintenance of facilities
- Hands on labor during changeover and technical rehearsals
- Season budget and calendar planning
- Technical oversight of special events and rentals
- Overseeing and booking of all outside rentals and events
Preferred skills include: hands-on experience in carpentry, electrics, sound, props, special effects and rigging.
Additional skills in drafting, scenic art, and one or more design disciplines, a plus.
The Lyric Stage is committed to hiring within our local community. We will be limiting our search to local and regional applicants only.
The Lyric Stage is an Equal Opportunity Employer and actively seeks applicants from diverse backgrounds. The full-time staff of the Lyric Stage has committed to working towards being an anti-racist organization and seeks applicants who will be strong advocates and participants with this.
Please send cover letter, resume and references to email@example.com