Box Office Associate/House Manager
We are seeking several part-time Box Office Associate/House Managers to start in August 2021. You will be trained in both positions and perform either job depending on scheduling and staffing needs.
Box Office Associate
Duties include but are not limited to:
- management of evening and weekend operations of the box office
- processing and accounting daily ticket sales via phone, walk-up and web sales
- resolving guest requests and assisting in the maintenance of guest records
- assisting with the training and coaching other Box Office employees
- participating in Opening Nights, Special Events and Fundraisers, and relevant meetings
- generating reports for various departments
Evenings and weekends required. Daytime shifts (12-5) also needed.
- Responsible for running the Front of House operations during performances.
- Works with the stage manager to ensure show runs on time.
- Monitors the performance space during the show in order to assess any potential issues and ensure safety for performers and guests.
- Instruct and supervise volunteer ushers.
- Supervise concessions staff.
- Other responsibilities include participating in Opening Nights, Special Events and Fundraisers, and relevant meetings.
Evenings and Weekends required.
Rate: $14.00 per hour
Reports to: Box Office Manager
The right candidate works confidently under pressure and has a good mixture of creative-problem-solving and detail-orientedness. The job is logistical in nature but, as is common in theatre, we must solve problems as they arise with the resources we have.
Front of House experience and Box Office experience is helpful, but not required. Any amount of customer service/management experience can serve as a good background for this job. Good communication, computer, and people skills are essential. Performing arts experience is an asset, but not a requirement. Approximately 10-20 hours/week. Must work weekends. Flexible schedule.
A successful applicant will embrace the Lyric Stage’s Anti-Racism and Inclusion plan, represent our values and code of conduct, and create positive respectful experiences for others.
Special note: This is a great job for young artists who are starting out or beginning a freelancing journey. Our staff generally falls somewhere in that realm and enjoy discussing and supporting one another’s early careers.
To apply: Please send your resume and an email expressing your interest to email@example.com